MetroCard Claims Have Been Resumed for Processing
Following the pause due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, MTA has resumed processing MetroCard claims. Refunds, balance protection claims, and applications for Reduced-Fare and Easy Pay Xpress MetroCards have resumed. Currently, MTA Is working through claims filed starting with the oldest first through:
- Mid July for full-fare MetroCards
- Mid August for Reduced-Fare
MetroCard Was Lost or Stolen
If you have the Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard, keep in mind that it can not be replaced if it was lost or stolen. Onley the following MetroCards can be replaced:
- EasyPay Xpress and Reduced-Fare EasyPay MetroCard.
- You can contact the EasyPay Account Service Center at 1-877-323-7433 or you can also file a claim online. Your card will be deactivated and a replacement card will be sent in the mail.
- 30-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard and the 7-Day Express Bus MetroCard. These cards provide balance protection if purchased with a credit card or debit/ATM card.
- Reduced-Fare MetroCard. Call 511 for help. They are open between 6 am and 10 pm 7 days a week. They will deactivate your old MetroCard and mail out a new one which will come within a 2-3 week period with the remaining fare value at the time of deactivation.
Make a Customer Service Appointment
If you need assistance in person, you can book an appointment at 3 Stone Street. New York, NY, 1004. Open Monday through Friday 9am – 5pm. You must follow this link to schedule appointment: Please note that, because of the safety measures we’re taking, our capacity is limited. We’re doing everything we can to help you in a timely way. Make your appointment here: https://new.mta.info/coronavirus/service-appointment